Thursday, December 27, 2007

I'm (Still) Dreaming of a White Christmas

Sorry for my long hiatus from the blogosphere, but I've had some technical difficulties blogging from my parents' place. Anyway, I'm back at the wheel again.

Of course, my low-key Christmas in Atlanta was not white, but that's okay. I'm still happy with the snow I saw earlier this year up in Washington, but I'm also hoping for more.

I think the best thing about my break so far is the sweet tea. I'd been brewing it myself up in Maryland, but it's just not quite the same as being able to drink it at every restaurant. Christmas dinner was also an excellent aspect of my visit to Georgialand.

The break from work and school was definitely good for me, and it's far from over, but I also find myself ready to get back into the swing of things. I never have really liked holidays. Don't get me wrong, they're great for doing things, especially travel, but I'm a very regimented person when it comes to scheduling. I just can't handle the unstructuredness of long breaks. Sometimes I feel like it would be better to have three day weekends every week instead of a two week vacation here or a week off there. I can't argue, however, with the value of decompressing. Still, this three-week vacation might just be a little bit much for me. So I'm going to keep enjoying the South while I'm down here, but I am anxious to return to Maryland.

No comments: