Sunday, June 1, 2008

There Isn't a Train I Wouldn't Take

Hello dear readers. I'm sitting here at an internet cafe in Toronto while taking care of a few internet-related things. I thought I'd update you on my trip so far.

I've now travelled 1,488 miles across Canada--not even halfway. It's almost 2,000 miles just for the next leg of my trip, on The Canadian to Edmonton. Along the way I have seen many wonderful places, and I will have much to say about my travels and the lessons that America could take from Canadian planners.

So far I have experienced the atmosphere of 4 provinces, and have visited the wonderful metropolises of Halifax, Montreal, Quebec City, and Toronto. My journey has taken me from the cold Atlantic to the smallest and most easterly of the Great Lakes, Ontario. The next part of my trek will be through the Muskeg and across a sea of wheat. And even after two days and two nights on Via's premiere train, the Rockes will not yet be in sight.

This country is truly a land full of wonders and discovery. I can't wait to share my experiences with you.

1 comment:

Vivian, VIA Rail's virtual tour guide said...

Tell us more -- I love hearing first impressions of our great cities!