Friday, March 13, 2009

Light Posting Next Week

Expect light posting over the next few days. I'll be traveling to New York City and Berlin. I look forward to updating you on my trip when I return. Thanks for reading!

Since I'll be traveling, I'll leave you with my favorite poem. It's especially apt since this post will go up at the moment my train is scheduled to leave Union Station.

"Travel" by Edna St. Vincent Millay:

The railroad track is miles away,
And the day is loud with voices speaking,
Yet there isn't a train goes by all day
But I hear its whistle shrieking.

All night there isn't a train goes by,
Though the night is still for sleep and dreaming
But I see its cinders red on the sky,
And hear its engine steaming.

My heart is warm with the friends I make,
And better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,
No matter where it's going.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,

Enjoy your trip to the Fatherland. Researching the U-Bahn? Your blog inspired me to create my own - I am always impressed with your "fantasy maps".

--Glenn

Matt' said...

Glenn,
Thanks for the compliments. I enjoy reading your blog as well. Keep up the good work.