Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Museum on the Rails

Amtrak is celebrating it's 40th year this year, and they've done something very innovative: they've created a rolling museum.

The 40th Anniversary Museum Train debuted at National Train Day in Washington on May 7, and over the next 12 months, it will be cruising the rails around the country.

I didn't feel like I had the chance to appreciate the exhibits on National Train Day due to the crowds and the fact that I was in a little rush. So, I was excited to hear that it would be in Baltimore this past weekend. On Saturday, I hopped the train and took a trip up to Penn Station to see it again.

There were no throngs of people, and so I was able to get ample time with the displays, and plenty of pictures.



I highly recommend you see the train if you get a chance. It will be touring the nation, and you can find the schedule here.

No comments: