Saturday, October 13, 2007

Walking in a Winter Maryland

It's funny. I always complained that Georgia's weather was schizophrenic. Apparently that qualification extends up the eastern seaboard to Maryland too. The weather has changed so drastically in the last three days that I'm almost shocked not to see snow in the picture at left (outside my office). Wednesday, we Marylanders were walking around in shorts eating ice cream. Thursday I needed a jacket, and I was still cold. It got even colder today with wind gusts upwards of 20 or 30 miles per hour. It wasn't too bad during the day, but in the evenings it is brutal. The weather we are having here is what I would expect for Thanksgiving in Atlanta. Of course, it's not really that cold. It's just the fact that overnight everything changed. The weathermen were saying that this past weekend was the last of the summer weather we were going to be having up here in DC; but I didn't believe him. I saw people get sunburned at the Maryland-Georgia Tech game on Saturday; how could we be in for winter so soon? I suppose I was wrong, because it is cold up here.

No comments: