But first, don't forget to vote in my poll. Do you think Metro is being overly optimistic? Tell us what you think by voting.
View the Press Release here.
- Metro will be open from 4am 1/20 until 2am 1/21
- Continuous Rush Hour service will be operated from 4am-7pm 1/20
- Archives Station [GR/YL] will be CLOSED all day 1/20
- Smithsonain Station [BL/OR] will have it's northern entrance (Nat'l Mall) CLOSED all day 1/20
- Many escalators will be turned off due to crowding
- Passengers should expect major delays in boarding immediately after the event
- Wait times could be around 30 minutes (T29 projects higher wait times, based on 7/4/08)
- Parking will be free all day on 1/20
- Metro expects all 59,000 spaces to be filled on 1/20