Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Quote of the Day: Share the Good News!

I just saw this on Transportation for America, and I wanted to share it!

Here's today's Quote of the Day:

No. Strike that. Let's make it Quote of the Week.

It’s imagining new transportation systems. I’d like to see high speed rail where it can be constructed. I would like for us to invest in mass transit because potentially that’s energy efficient. And I think people are a lot more open now to thinking regionally…

The days where we’re just building sprawl forever, those days are over. I think that Republicans, Democrats, everybody… recognizes that’s not a smart way to design communities. So we should be using this money to help spur this sort of innovative thinking when it comes to transportation.

That will make a big difference.

The quotee?
That would be President Barack Obama.

This quote came from a Town Hall forum in Fort Meyers, Florida this morning. See the President say it yourself around the 55 minute mark in this C-Span video.

No comments: