Sunday, November 25, 2007

Just What the Doctor Ordered

Now that the Thanksgiving Holiday is over, it's time to get back to the old grindstone. So I'll prolong the workweek just a bit longer whilst I remember my tryptophan trip.

This was my first Thanksgiving outside of Georgia, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. My parents flew up from Atlanta to spend several days with me here in Washington, and I enjoyed their company. I hadn't seen them since I moved to DC in August. Anyway, I treated them to Thanksgiving lunch at a restaurant since I don't have the requisite space or kitchen equipment to fix my own turkey dinner.

So with the reservations in the bag, we took the Metro down to Foggy Bottom on a warm, indian summer day. I have to say that my first non-home-cooked Thanksgiving meal was excellent. My parents and I dined at a fantastic restaurant near the GW Campus. The restaurant, Tonic, is located in historic Quigley's Pharmacy, and the food is to die for.

We had turkey, with dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and sweet potato mash. It was not quite as good as my usual Thanksgiving, but it was definitely worth the price. I'd recommend the restaurant if you're in the neighborhood, and I intend to go back soon.

I just can't wait for Christmas dinner.

No comments: