Thursday, March 5, 2009

Atlanta's Beltline/Amtrak Debate

I just to update you on the conflict in Atlanta between Amtrak and local transit advocates.

Firstly, I have fixed all the graphics in the earlier posts so that the large versions are download-able.

Secondly, the Atlanta Journal is reporting that tomorrow, Friday, March 6 is the last day for negotiations.

I'll continue to keep you posted as events unfold.

The picture above shows the site of the proposed MMPT and my Atlanta Terminal. It is taken from the Spring Street Viaduct facing East. The red brick building on the right is abandoned, and will be torn down to make way for GDOT's MMPT. The dual trenches at center are the MARTA West Line trackways, which vanish into the Five Points station in the center of the photo. You can see the through tracks (where my A and B sections are proposed) to the left.

No comments: