Wednesday Weekly Wrap-Up is a feature looking back on transportation and planning news and opinions from the last week or so.
- Raise the Roof: CSX is speeding up plans for a National Gateway, which I talked about in September.
- More Trains, More Riders: Amtrak's new Lynchburg-Washington service, subsidized by Virginia, is beating ridership projections.
- Bypass the EIS on the NEC: So opines the Boston Globe, regarding the potential loss of stimulus money for improvements to the Northeast Corridor.
- Future, meet Past: Workers building Minneapolis-Saint Paul's Central Corridor light rail line recently unearthed a relic of transit from the early days.
- Recession Hurts Transit: APTA reports that rail ridership was down in the first 9 months of 2009, mainly due to unemployment.