Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey day is tomorrow. In just a few hours, it'll be time for turkey and dressing, family and football. So stop reading this blog, and go help you mother with prep for the biggest meal of the year.
- The Armory Car: Newsweek looks at some of the implications of the legislative battle over guns on Amtrak. Republicans hope to force Amtrak to allow passengers to bring guns on board. Amtrak insists that this is a bad idea.
- The Orange Blossom Special Session: "She's the fastest train on the line" sings Johnny Cash. And it looks like Florida might just have a special legislative session to fund high-speed rail in the Sunshine State.
- Let's Cut Some Ribbons: An op-ed in The Hill encourages Washington to rethink infrastructure. We need to create jobs, and infrastructure is one way to do that, but we need to restrategize, say the writers.
- Windy City Express: South Bend fears it will get bypassed by Mid-West high-speed rail plans. They're calling for a solution that makes everyone happy.
- The Green Coast: A new study shows the savings from NJT's Hudson-Bergen light rail line. Maybe the "Gold Coast" should be renamed.